Frosting . It’s either something you love or you hate . You’re either scraping it off your cupcake or eating it right off the spoon . But sometimes plain old buttercream can be boring . What if you want something new , or typical frosting isn’t your thing ? I’m here to show you an alternative to buttercream . Whipped chocolate ganache . It’s easy to make , and the consistency is great for icing a cake or cupcakes .
WHIPPED CHOCOLATE GANACHE
~ 1.5 cups of shaved chocolate or chocolate chips . (Note that chocolate chips are harder to melt down and whip )
~ 1 cup heavy whipping cream
That’s it ! 2 ingredients!
1. Heat up the whipping cream until hot , there should be bubbles forming at the top . Then place in a bowl.
2. Pour your chocolate into the cream and let stand five minutes.
3. Whip the mixture about 3-4 minutes until smooth and shiny .
4 . Keep in fridge for ten minutes . Then whip again
5. Fridge for ten minutes then whip again . Then repeat this one more time (should be a total of 30 minutes )
6. Keep whipping until consistency is light and fluffy . Let chill in the fridge and when you’re ready just take a spatula or piping bag and ice !
This pairs well with my homemade chocolate cake which you can also find on my page . Happy baking !